Error compiling after upgrading to macOS 10.13.6 and CUDA 9.2 - possibly due to thrust device function incorrectly calling host std::__clz

I am receiving the following error when trying to compile code using thrust’s inclusive_scan algorithm:

/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-9.2/include/thrust/system/cuda/detail/cub/block/specializations/../../warp/specializations/warp_reduce_shfl.cuh(528): error: calling a \__host__ function("std::\__1::\__clz") from a \__device__ function("thrust::cuda_cub::cub::TilePrefixCallbackOp<int,  ::thrust::plus<int> ,  ::thrust::cuda_cub::cub::ScanTileState<int, (bool)1> , (int)300> ::operator ()") is not allowed`

/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-9.2/include/thrust/system/cuda/detail/cub/block/specializations/../../warp/specializations/warp_reduce_shfl.cuh(528): error: identifier "std::__1::__clz" is undefined in device code

This code compiled correctly under a previous version of the OS (10.12.x) using CUDA 8.0.

nvcc -c -DCOMPILE_GPU -03 -m 64 -lineinfo

Not sure what has changed here - looks to me like a reference to __clz is resolving to the std:: implementation rather than the cuda version.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The compiler command I am using is:

/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-9.2/bin/nvcc -c -DCOMPILE_GPU -O3 -m 64 -lineinfo -Xptxas -dlcm=ca -std=c++11 -gencode arch=compute_30,code=sm_30 -Xcompiler -stdlib=libc++ ...

what is the result of running

/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-9.2/bin/nvcc --version

?

Do any of the thrust sample codes compile correctly?

Result is:

nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2018 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Tue_Jun_12_23:08:12_CDT_2018
Cuda compilation tools, release 9.2, V9.2.148

Just downloaded the thrust samples and the ones I have tried so far compile fine.

It may be best to file a bug at developer.nvidia.com