Error in Deepstream-occupancy-analytics compilation

Description

I’m using PeopleNet for counting of people entering and exiting the line. I’m following “deepstream-occupancy-analytics” from the GitHub using this link “GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream-occupancy-analytics: This is a sample application for counting people entering/leaving in a building using NVIDIA Deepstream SDK, Transfer Learning Toolkit (TLT), and pre-trained models. This application can be used to build real-time occupancy analytics applications for smart buildings, hospitals, retail, etc. The application is based on deepstream-test5 sample application.”. After following the procedures step by step as mentioned in ReadMe file, when I run “make” inside the “deepstream-occupancy-analytics”,

I get the error as mentioned below.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvdsgst_customhelper
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:75: recipe for target ‘deepstream-test5-analytics’ failed
make: *** [deepstream-test5-analytics] Error 1

I have completed Deepstream SDK download using the official documentation as mentioned in NVIDIA. I have Deepstream SDK 6.0 downloaded on my Jetson Nano.

Kindly suggest me how to resolve this issue.

Regards
Suraj Singh

Environment

Hardware: Jetson Nano 4GB RAM
TensorRT Version: TensorRT 8.2.1
GPU Type: NVIDIA Maxwell architecture with 128 NVIDIA CUDA® cores
Nvidia Driver Version: JetPack 4.6.1
CUDA Version: CUDA 10.2
CUDNN Version: CuDNN 8.2.1
Operating System + Version: Ubuntu 18.04

Full traceback error repo: -

g++ -o deepstream-test5-analytics deepstream_test5_app_main.o …/deepstream-test5/deepstream_utc.o …/deepstream-app/deepstream_app.o …/deepstream-app/deepstream_app_config_parser.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_tracker_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_primary_gie_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_source_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_audio_classifier_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_c2d_msg.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_config_file_parser.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_preprocess.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_common.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_sink_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_perf.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_dewarper_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_dsexample.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_secondary_gie_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_dsanalytics.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_tiled_display_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_c2d_msg_util.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_osd_bin.o …/…/apps-common/src/deepstream_streammux.o deepstream_nvdsanalytics_meta.o -L/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/lib/ -lnvdsgst_meta -lnvds_meta -lnvdsgst_helper -lnvdsgst_customhelper -lnvdsgst_smartrecord -lnvds_utils -lnvds_msgbroker -lm -lgstrtspserver-1.0 -ldl -Wl,-rpath,/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-6.0/lib/ -L/usr/local/cuda-10.2/lib64/ -lcudart pkg-config --libs gstreamer-1.0 gstreamer-video-1.0 x11 json-glib-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvdsgst_customhelper
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:75: recipe for target ‘deepstream-test5-analytics’ failed
make: *** [deepstream-test5-analytics] Error 1

Hi @suraj.tetrahedron ,
You may get better assistance for the issue on Deespstream platform. Request you to raise it there.

Thanks

Hi,
Request you to share the ONNX model and the script if not shared already so that we can assist you better.
Alongside you can try few things:

1. validating your model with the below snippet

check_model.py

import sys
import onnx
filename = yourONNXmodel
model = onnx.load(filename)
onnx.checker.check_model(model).
2) Try running your model with trtexec command.

In case you are still facing issue, request you to share the trtexec “”–verbose"" log for further debugging
Thanks!