Error running 22.07 container with examples - Failed to create shim task

Seems like 22.02 will not install? This is my current error. Can anyone help me with what this is or how to fix it?

docker run --shm-size=1g --ulimit memlock=-1 --ulimit stack=67108864 --gpus=all -v ${PWD}/examples:/examples -it modulus:22.07 bash
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error running hook #0: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as ‘legacy’
nvidia-container-cli: mount error: file creation failed: /var/lib/docker/overlay2/ca5de1d2dbb200798f83372e1d274ce3e2fe6773eb5805ed35859d4e2c02e76f/merged/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ml.so.1: file exists: unknown.

Hi @ckitchell ,

Is there any chance your running NVIDIA Container Toolkit on WSL? There seems to presently be a known issue with nvidia-docker on Windows systems.

More information:

Yes. I have been trying to WSL… is there another easier way… 22.03 and 22.07 see to be giving the same issues for me. I read online WSL is not a good choice.

Depending on your needs you could try a bare metal installation. Most of the utilities in Modulus should work if PyTorch works on your system, but of course we encourage the docker image for consistency between our users development environment.

Alternatively you could look into a cloud based service.