error

Hi again,

I was working with cuda already comipiling and running code when all of a sudden i got this message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcuda
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

why does this mean? i have not done anything to my computer, any ideas?
cheers,
C.

This occurs when the libcuda.so is not present or your LD_LIBRAY_PATH environment variable is not defined properly. Check the /usr/local/cuda/lib for libcuda.so, if there’s no libcuda available try to install the most recent version of the nvidia drivers.

Hope this can help you.

This occurs when the libcuda.so is not present or your LD_LIBRAY_PATH environment variable is not defined properly. Check the /usr/local/cuda/lib for libcuda.so, if there’s no libcuda available try to install the most recent version of the nvidia drivers.

Hope this can help you.

Sorry but that is incorrect. libcuda.so is installed in /usr/lib and the compiler should find it by default. If the compiler doesn’t find it, then it isn’t installed or something is broken. LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings should have no effect on this problem - /usr/lib should be searched by defaut

Sorry but that is incorrect. libcuda.so is installed in /usr/lib and the compiler should find it by default. If the compiler doesn’t find it, then it isn’t installed or something is broken. LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings should have no effect on this problem - /usr/lib should be searched by defaut