Expansion Header in Jetson Nano expansion header

Hi,
What is the maximum data rate on the GPIOs connected to expansion header J41 of Jetson Nano Development kit.
Best regards

hello bhagavath,

may I know what’s the actual use-case?

you may see-also Topic 190966 for increasing toggle speed.
it should use mmap to have faster speed, please refer to this example, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jwatte/jetson-gpio-example/master/gpiomem.cpp
thanks

Thanks for your response.
I need to connect a TDC (Time to Digital converter) device to this Processor. I am planning a small add ON card which can be plugged on GPIO connector (J41). I want to know the maximum data rate supported on each of the GPIOs & dedicated pins on this connector. Can I use these GPIOs as parallel bus for better data throughput?
Thanks

hello bhagavath,

you need to program the GPIO via kernel level to have better performance, it’ll depends-on your implementation logic.

OK. Can I know what is the maximum possible data rate?

hello bhagavath,

please refer to Topic 68606, comment #17 for the code snippets and test results.
it’s tested on TX1 (same chip as Nano), it takes 13-sec to toggle pin for 100000-cycles. hence, the frequency of the toggle is 7692.

you may also do the same test on Nano series, the test results will correlate with CPU frequency.
thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.