Failed to flash jetpack 5.0.2 to nvme on jetson xavier nx 16 gb module (reComputer J2012)

Hi,

Actually, sdkmanager was also using l4t initrd flash script to flash nvme too. So I think it has no issue there now.

1 Like

For me not. The board stuck in recovery mode after sdk manager said that the installation of JP 5.0.2 was successful. But sdk manager worked all the time installing JP 5.0.1.

Hi,

Then please always use initrd flash script with modified xml file to flash the board + nvme. Sdkmanager may not support on custom board very well.

How sure are we that the steps with apt-get will perform the update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 ?

I think that this will not work (since you use the same board as I). apt will update the bootloader and it’s post-install script will reject the board as incompatible. So the device will not boot from the NVMe anymore. Tried it several times.

Finally, I followed the initrd way (completely new installation) and this worked very well. I have now a basic L4T installation on eMMC and one with JP 5.0.2 on NVMe.

Is there a site that describes the steps to take? I am hesitant to do it like this so am looking for a good plan.

I used the information found in Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/README_initrd_flash.txt. It describes different workflows (I used workflow 10, but without encryption for the external device).

You have to adjust the num_sectors parameter in the XML file for your NVMe device and set a suitable APP partition size (I used NVMe size minus 1GiB).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.