Failing to Create Docker Images with IsaacGym

Hi,

I’m trying to create a new docker container to run IsaacGym and IsaacGymEnvs. I follow the instructions to build the container and docker fails at step 14: RUN cd python && pip install -q -e ., it seems like something is wrong with the python installed in docker?

This is with a fresh download of isaacgym preview 4.

Interestingly, the process was working a month or two ago when I first created a docker image with the exact same method, unfortunately the image I had running in the past was deleted and I need to create a new one. I’m not certain on the exact machine specs, something with a 3090(possibly ti?), NVIDIA-SMI 510.47.03, Driver Version: 510.47.03, CUDA Version: 11.6… It’s a remote cluster so I can’t just go and restart it to try and solve the problem.

Traceback from ./docker/build.sh:

Step14/15 : RUN cd python && pip install -q -e .
 ---> Running in dc9c72fe125b
ERROR: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3021, in _dep_map
    return self.__dep_map
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2815, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(attr)
AttributeError: _DistInfoDistribution__dep_map

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3012, in _parsed_pkg_info
    return self._pkg_info
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2815, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(attr)
AttributeError: _pkg_info

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py", line 173, in _main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py", line 203, in wrapper
    return func(self, options, args)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 315, in run
    requirement_set = resolver.resolve(
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/resolver.py", line 94, in resolve
    result = self._result = resolver.resolve(
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py", line 472, in resolve
    state = resolution.resolve(requirements, max_rounds=max_rounds)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py", line 366, in resolve
    failure_causes = self._attempt_to_pin_criterion(name)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py", line 212, in _attempt_to_pin_criterion
    criteria = self._get_updated_criteria(candidate)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/resolvelib/resolvers.py", line 202, in _get_updated_criteria
    for requirement in self._p.get_dependencies(candidate=candidate):
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/provider.py", line 197, in get_dependencies
    return [r for r in candidate.iter_dependencies(with_requires) if r is not None]
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/provider.py", line 197, in <listcomp>
    return [r for r in candidate.iter_dependencies(with_requires) if r is not None]
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_internal/resolution/resolvelib/candidates.py", line 394, in iter_dependencies
    for r in self.dist.requires():
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2736, in requires
    dm = self._dep_map
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3023, in _dep_map
    self.__dep_map = self._compute_dependencies()
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3032, in _compute_dependencies
    for req in self._parsed_pkg_info.get_all('Requires-Dist') or []:
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3014, in _parsed_pkg_info
    metadata = self.get_metadata(self.PKG_INFO)
  File "/opt/conda/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1895, in get_metadata
    raise KeyError("No metadata except PKG-INFO is available")
KeyError: 'No metadata except PKG-INFO is available'

The issue was (of course) with Docker - I’d run out of space on the hard disk where docker was trying to create images.

I had thought I’d fixed that with a symlink to a different disk, but it seems docker uses more locations than I realised.

I just fixed it by making space on the harddrive.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.