Failure to flash orin nano

I wonder if Developer Preview 6.0 of the SDK is ready for prime time?
I have tried many times to flash my new orin nano and I get failures…
SDKM_logs_JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_Nano_modules_2024-03-12_14-34-56.zip (241.2 KB)

I have uploaded logs. Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

I tried now flashing to the NVMe drive (2T) installed on the device.
Seems the flashing progress went to 95 percent but failed. I note the first error which looks like it could be a bug in the install script?

15:44:59 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: /var/lib/dpkg/info/nvidia-l4t-init.postinst: line 54: cannot create temp file for here-document: No such file or directory

I have uploaded the logs.
SDKM_logs_JetPack_6.0_DP_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_Nano_modules_2024-03-12_15-43-50.zip (200.2 KB)

Anyone have any ideas why this is so difficult?

Run this under Linux_for_Tegra:

sudo ./flash.sh --no-systemimg -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal

to flash the QSPI bootloader.

Then run this to flash the NVMe drive connected to your host PC separately:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.2/DeveloperGuide/SD/FlashingSupport.html#manually-setting-up-an-nvme-drive-for-booting

Thanks. Here’s current status:
I downgraded my host to ubuntu 20.04.
Reinstall SDP 6.0
was able to flash and install SDK components.
(Seems like a lot of problems with host running 22.04…)

Device boots - I can ssh into it. But no HDMI output. Screen gets no signal.
What to do for that?

This has been a 3 day project…getting this to work! Shouldn’t be so hard.

When you mentions HDMI, it means it’s not a DevKit, but some custom carrier board from our third-party vendors. We only supports DP output on Orin Nano DevKit.
You cannot use SDK Manager to flash such boards, and please ask the vendor for the right BSP.

Sorry, I meant I have a Display port to HDMI adapter on the monitor. Will that work? Or do I need Displayport->Displayport?

thx

Adapters mostly won’t work.
You need an active DP-HDMI cable that has a chip inside in charge of converting the signal format, or use a DP-DP cable instead.

Yes I just attached to a DP monitor and have output!
It would be great if that was in the release notes…or somewhere.

Whew what a project…

You can check the information about DP/HDMI cables here:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.