Flashing Xavier NX with NVME ssd

Hi all,

I am using a Xavier NX on a Nvidia devkit carrier board. Im able to correctly flash the Jetson with a NVME ssd using these steps: Quick Start — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation and then using this command to flash the Jetson:
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p "-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_l4t_t194_qspi_p3668.xml" –showlogs --network usb0 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc internal

This all works fine etc. Now I am trying to do the same thing but then inside a Docker container. This works up to the point of Step 3: Start the flashing process
Then It says
Waiting for target to boot-up…
Timeout
Cleaning up…

The Fan on the Jetson starts to spin at max speed and it doesnt boot. What can cause this issue?
Also is this the only way to flash the os a nvme ssd? Or can I also somehow use the ./flash.sh script?

Please dump the serial console log and it will tell us what happens.

JetsonNotBooting (68.5 KB)
Here is the log

Hi,

One test here.

1. Could you use sdkmanager to flash nvme or it will hit timeout error too?

2. If sdkmanager cannot work, please boot from emmc first, check if your host is able to see the usb device mode jetson after you boot from emmc.

Hi,

SDKManager works fine. I can also flash it on the EMMC. But I want to flash it on the SSD.

Hi,

I mean does sdkmanager flash nvme successffully or not?
Are you able to understand my comment here?

Yes I understand it :) I said that SDKmanager works fine, should have added that this is for both emmc and nvme ssd.

Could you export the sdkmanager logs and see what command did it use to flash your nvme?

Let me check

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks