Gstreamer capture and display with GPU

Hello all,

I have the following sample program:

import cv2

# gstreamer_pipeline returns a GStreamer pipeline for capturing from the CSI camera
# Defaults to 1280x720 @ 60fps
# Flip the image by setting the flip_method (most common values: 0 and 2)
# display_width and display_height determine the size of the window on the screen

def gstreamer_pipeline(
    capture_width=1280,
    capture_height=720,
    display_width=1280,
    display_height=720,
    framerate=30,
    flip_method=0,
):
    return (
        "nvarguscamerasrc ! "
        "video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), "
        "width=(int)%d, height=(int)%d, "
        "format=(string)NV12, framerate=(fraction)%d/1 ! "
        "nvvidconv flip-method=%d ! "
        "video/x-raw, width=(int)%d, height=(int)%d, format=(string)BGRx ! "
        "videoconvert ! "
        "video/x-raw, format=(string)BGR ! appsink"
        % (
            capture_width,
            capture_height,
            framerate,
            flip_method,
            display_width,
            display_height,
        )
    )

def show_camera():
    # To flip the image, modify the flip_method parameter (0 and 2 are the most common)
    print(gstreamer_pipeline(flip_method=2))
    cap = cv2.VideoCapture(gstreamer_pipeline(flip_method=2), cv2.CAP_GSTREAMER)
    if cap.isOpened():
        window_handle = cv2.namedWindow("CSI Camera", cv2.WINDOW_AUTOSIZE)
        # Window
        while cv2.getWindowProperty("CSI Camera", 0) >= 0:
            ret_val, img = cap.read()
            cv2.imshow("CSI Camera", img)
            # This also acts as
            keyCode = cv2.waitKey(30) & 0xFF
            # Stop the program on the ESC key
            if keyCode == 27:
                break
        cap.release()
        cv2.destroyAllWindows()
    else:
        print("Unable to open camera")

if __name__ == "__main__":
    show_camera()

What setting do I need to make so that the processing is done by the GPU to reduce the load on the CPU? Also, I would like to know how to do the processing in the full resolution of the raspberry pi camera v2 and only output to the screen in 720p

Opencv does not have GPU acceleration. Please do not use opencv. You can refer to NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications (github.com) for how to use DeepStream and GStreamer with python.

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_Python_Sample_Apps.html

Is DeepStream preserved in JetPack 4.6 or do I need to install it? And how would my source code have to look like? Are there any simple examples for Python?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Please follow the DeepStream compatibility to install DeepStream with sdkmanager.
https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_Quickstart.html#platform-and-os-compatibility

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/6.0/dev-guide/text/DS_Quickstart.html#jetson-setup

There is also pyds(DeepStream python binding) samples in NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications (github.com)

For JetPack 4.6 GA, the DeepStream version is 6.0, please follow the DeepStream 6.0 document Python Sample Apps and Bindings Source Details — DeepStream 6.0 Release documentation

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.