GTX 1080 Ti stuck in P0 state on Wayland KDE Plasma

So my 1080Ti is stuck in the P0 state, it drops down to P8 state once I disconnect my second monitor, and only use one. I can’t figure out how to get it to drop down with the two monitors connected. I am on the proprietary nvidia drivers. Using wayland on KDE Plasma.

They are 2560x1440@144 and 3440x1440@144

Thoughts?

Linux Kernel:
6.15.9-arch1-1

Driver ver:

575.64.05

Keeping the ultrawide at 144hz, and dropping the secondary monitor to 24hz seemed to have lowered the GPU to P8. I can’t tell if the driver is designed to push to P0 in a dual monitor high refresh scenario? Can’t be that taxing to need P0? The GPU load on nvtop is quite literally 0%.

This is not a Wayland specific issue as I have exactly the same issue using Wayland, X11, TTY and even using Windows. GPU is stuck to maximun power state at idle when using multiple monitors

We have a bug 5474539 filed internally for tracking purpose.

Shall keep updated on the progress.