HELP ! Infiniband external managed HDR switch MQM8790 - reset and configuration - HELP!

Greetings all,

I REALLY need your help!

I have inherited a couple of Mellanox QM8790 HDR externally managed Infiniband switches which I need to re-deploy.

a. It will initially require a factory reset of the switches - I guess the front right reddish button to be pressed more then 15 seconds.

b. Then it needs to have the “split profile” enabled for each switch - how can it be done?

c. Then I will need to configure ports 1 to 4. and ports 37 to 40. to be “un-split”, and the other ports to be setup as “split” - how can this be done?

Please, provide any instructions on how to accomplish this.

I have looked at QM87xx documentation and it DOES NOT refer to the externally managed switches - QM8790 - but mainly to the managed ones - QM8700.

I have also requested a trial license for UFM, but it does not seem to be helpful at all.

Thank you for reading this message.

a. It will initially require a factory reset of the switches - I guess the front right reddish button to be pressed more then 15 seconds.
Ans. There is no configuration done on this switch. Therefore, there is no need to do a factory reset.

b. Then it needs to have the “split profile” enabled for each switch - how can it be done?
Ans. See the link below.
https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/mftv4221406lts/using+mlxconfig#src-2477565152_Usingmlxconfig-splitcable

c. Then I will need to configure ports 1 to 4. and ports 37 to 40. to be “un-split”, and the other ports to be setup as “split” - how can this be done?
Ans. See b.

@marlon1 Thank you so much for your answers!

Now I have a starting path to follow.

One extra question: is UFM capable of performing the same configuration changes as “mlxconfig”? and If it is capable, do you have some pointers on how to proceed to perform the “split-profile” task, or the “split-port” task?

Thank you for your quick attention to this matter!

Not that I am aware of.