Hi everyone, I have a problem with the RTX A6000. I made a display mode change to the graphics card on a host that doesn't support 'compute mode'

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the RTX A6000. I made a display mode change to the graphics card on a host that doesn’t support ‘compute mode’ without reading the documentation carefully. Now, when this host starts the self-test, it cannot pass the GPU detection and cannot be powered on. So, I would like to ask, is the GPU damaged due to my improper operation, or I have successfully changed the display mode of the GPU, but cannot boot because the host does not support this mode? Can someone give some advice? thank you very much!

Hi,

you should give more details to judge what happened. Which mode did you switch the GPU to? Datacenter mode with 64GB BAR1 size?
If yes, you disabled the display heads and now you need a primary display adapter in your system as the GPU is not able to serve as primary any more. So simply put in a different GPU and it should work.

regards
Simon