Hi, I have MSX1012B-2BFS and it has current version of MLNX-OS at 3.4.2008. When I go to upgrade options and select current software and target software it doesn't show any files to upgrade. How can I upgrade this managed switch to latest software ?

Hi, I have MSX1012B-2BFS and it has current version of MLNX-OS at 3.4.2008. When I go to upgrade options and select current software and target software it doesn’t show any files to upgrade.

How can I upgrade this managed switch to latest software ?

And which latest software MSX1012B-2BFS can take?

On ebay someone was selling this switch with Onyx software instead of MLNX-OS. Not sure what that means. Do you know?

Hello JG,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Networking Community.

Based on the information provided, you can only obtain the MLNX-OS/ONYX software version with a valid support contract for the switch. This p/n is EOL for a while now so the latest version available for MLNX-OS/ONYX is version 3.6.8012

Based on your current version your upgrade path is the following → 3.4.2008 → 3.5.1006 → 3.6.3004 → 3.6.4112 → 3.6.5000 → 3.6.8012

MLNX-OS was the previous name. In the more recent versions of the code the name is changed to MLNX-ONYX. Capabilities stayed the same.

Thank you and regards,

~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

Thank you very much for your response.

So just to clarify, only way to reach to the latest Onyx (3.9.XXXX) is to install each of the MLNX-OS softwares one after another till reaching last MLNX-OS software and then starting with Onyx software from beginning and reaching to latest lavel?

So there is no direct path to skip some of the interim software version installations?

Also as I have understood. There is some contract just to get the software. And there will be separate contract for support or maintenance or any further add-ons required on top if any?

Also you mentioned about EOL, so even with software upgrade contract, I can not eventually upgrade all the way to latest ONYX version available now?

With EOL, is there any discount for the software upgrade contract?

And if I add more of Mellanox Switches can I use same contract related files for my other switches? How does this work?