How do a loop back test with single card installed?

I have connect-6 modules installed however currently i am attempting to use loopback test only. Can anyone shed light on this on how to perform loopback test on single card with no cable attached? I am fairly well versed with ethernet but infinityband is my first foray into it by doing belows:

So far I am looking at perf_test GitHub - linux-rdma/perftest: Infiniband Verbs Performance Tests and compiled successfully which produced several types of binary: ib_write/read_bw/ etc.

Apparently one of them has loop back binary and produced following output:

[nonroot@localhost bin]$ ./run_perftest_loopback  0 1 ./ib_write_bw -s 10
 Port number 1 state is Down
 Couldn't set the link layer
 Couldn't get context for the device
 Port number 1 state is Down
 Couldn't set the link layer
 Couldn't get context for the device
[nonroot@localhost bin]$

Hello g900nvda,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Developer Forum - Infrastructure and Networking - Section.

Unfortunately, this is not possible when running on a single port. You need to have a dual-port adapter for doing this as it needs a SM running on one of the ports and a physical layer between the two ports to have an active link up.

Thank you and regards,
~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

I actually see the card had two physical ports. But under Linux i see two devices one as Ethernet other one is ib. I am not sure two pcie devices had one to one mapping to logistical ports. I am not sure as well if it is possible to set either of them as either ib or Ethernet.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.