Connection between two infiniband ports

Hi All,

I have a remote system in which ib0,ib1,ib2,ib3,ib4 and ib5 are the infiniband network interfaces.

ib0 and ib1 are externally connected back to back with a cable[loopback connection].

ib2 and ib3 are not connected.

ib4 and ib5 are externally connected back to back with a cable[loopback connection].

Is there any Linux command or mellanox utility through which one can detect that [ ib0 - ib1 ] and [ ib4 - ib5 ] are the pair of network devices connected back to back given all the network devices? Please provide some pointers on how to detect the connected pair.

Thanks in Advance!

Appreciate your reply. I went and tried running ibtracert and it works.

Regarding subnet manager: For infiniband 2 port devices I believe only 1 subnet manager will be running. Does ibtracert work on infiniband 2 port devices as only 1 subnet manager will be running ?

(Assuming you have 2 subnet managers running on these looped back ports) you could use /sbin/ibtracert to see the connection paths. Though just dumping the ibnetdiscover/ibdiagnet for each port should be pretty self explanatory.

IBA architecture has (at least one) subnet manager per subnet. In the case of back to back CAs (without switches), each back to back connection is separate subnet. You can run multiple instances of SM on same machine but it needs proper configuration.