How to add/delete rtsp sink during runtime?

I have achieved add/delete source during runtime for deepstream-app. Now I want also to achieve same function for sink rather than source.
In runtime_source_add_add_delete from github, the sink is only one tiled display. I would like to display it in different rtsp port.
Can you give me some advices for this function?

Hi,
We don’t have implementation for this case. In deepstream-app, you can configure multiple sinks in initialization, but cannot delete them during runtime. Would suggest you have fixed number of sinks since this is a case well verified/tested.

Hi, DaneLLL

As far as I know, the tee element has request pad. Whether I can use it for dynamic add sink just like streammux element for dynamic add source?

Or whether I can create multi_sink_bin just like create multi_source_bin in deepstream_source_bin.c?

Thanks !

Hi,
The reference code of creating multiple sinks is create_sink_bin() in
deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson\sources\apps\apps-common\src\deepstream_sink_bin.c
Please take a look.

Dynamic removal is possible as well… it’s very similar to the dynamic stream add/remove example provided by NIVIDIA, except that…

With the stream example they have

sinkpad = gst_element_get_static_pad (streammux, pad_name);
  gst_pad_send_event (sinkpad, gst_event_new_flush_stop (FALSE));
  gst_element_release_request_pad (streammux, sinkpad);
  gst_object_unref (sinkpad);

# remove source bin and unref

With the sink you would do,

srcpad = gst_element_get_static_pad (tee, pad_name);
  gst_pad_send_event (srcpad, gst_event_new_eos());
  gst_element_release_request_pad (tee, srcpad);
  gst_object_unref (srcpad);

# remove sink bin and unref
1 Like

There’s also good blog article on the subject here, just look for " Example 2: Adding & removing sinks"

there’s a link to their example code on GitHub

Hi rjhowell44,
Thanks very much for your anwser.
Can you give me the link of " Example 2: Adding & removing sinks ". I cann’t find it on Github.

I’m sorry, I forgot to past the blog link … https://coaxion.net/blog/2014/01/gstreamer-dynamic-pipelines/

You will find the Github link under Example2

which is … https://github.com/sdroege/gst-snippets/blob/217ae015aaddfe3f7aa66ffc936ce93401fca04e/dynamic-tee-vsink.c

1 Like

OK,thanks. I’ll have a try.