How to convert the separate dts file into dtb

At present, my project is to decompile the dtb into a dts file with DTC tool. After modification, converted dtb into dts with dtc tool. then flash it into mmc flash.
the based dtb file is :tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb,
and flash cmd is: sudo ./flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb -d modifyxxx.dtb jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1

This method is worked, but I want to try the another way .
I’ve made some attempts and the results are as follows

1.make O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT dtbs
this cmd is compile /hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/xxx.dts into dtb file, and output to Linux_for_Tegra/images/arch/arm64/boot/dts/ folder.

2.apply_binaries.sh
this shell will copy Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb/xxx.dtb to somewhere.

1. flash.sh -r -k kernel-dtb jetson-tx2 mmcblk0p1
    this shell cmd will populating Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb/xxx.dtb to rootfs

The above steps did not make the modified part take effect. What is the official recommended operation? How to make it work. thks

Hi,

Just copy the pre-built dtb to Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/dtb/… and use the command you are using should be working.

How to generate the pre-built dtb? which operation can do this?

How to generate the pre-built dtb?

Err, what I wanted to say is compile the dts which you already did.

Is it the use of the DTC command to convert each discrete DTS into a DTB? If so, how to merge the discrete DTB files into a final DTB?

Hi,

Not sure why you suddenly come out of such questions.

1.make O=$TEGRA_KERNEL_OUT dtbs
this cmd is compile /hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/xxx.dts into dtb file,

What I say “pre-built” dtb is what you already did in this line.

When I was investigating a uart7 problem, the method of referring to the forum has not been solved, so I began to reflect on the generation steps of DTB.

So I want to find out, from the initial DTS, dtsi files, to how to generate a separate DTB, and then how to merge into the final DTB file.

Hi,

Use the make command or the dtc should both work.

OK ,I got it ,thks