how to debug in mac? no cuda-gdb found

Hi there
I’m trying to debug in mac but I find a mayor problem… no cuda-gdb is found

host9:GPU Computing jmazo$ sudo find / -name cuda-gdb
Password:
host9:GPU Computing jmazo$

also using the Xcode plugin and template does not allow to debug from xcode (seems obvious)

nvcc -g -G -deviceemu in.cu -o main

then from gdb

(gdb) b 12
No line 12 in file “/var/tmp//ccDdbw5C.s”.
(gdb) quit

help please

Yeah, we’re pretty much SOL for debugging. One thing I’ve tried is to simply take my CUDA code and debug it on a linux machine. Unfortunately, many may not have an extra machine with a tesla card and cuda installed just lying around. So another option is to install linux on your computer. I tried doing this with my Mac Pro, and kind of got it to work, but ended up deleting the partition again, due to it being a pain in the butt, and the fact that I didn’t really need it at the time (did it more for the sake of doing it than because i needed it). I was able to get OpenSUSE to install using a combination of bootcamp and a utility called rEFIt. You should be able to find some details if you do some googling. It will probably be a lot of effort though.

The other thing that I’ve done is to take my CUDA code, and then convert it back to regular c or c++ code. I can then use xcode to debug it. This works for making sure that your algorithm is correct, and I’ve found it to be a lifesaver. Unfortunately, it doesn’t do anything for tracking down CUDA specific quirks and errors.

It would be very nice if NVIDIA and Apple would work together and put out a kick-ass CUDA plugin for Xcode… HINT HINT/NUDGE NUDGE

Paul

I have got the same question…

Anybody has a good solution? Thanks!

I have got the same question…

Anybody has a good solution? Thanks!

I’am just using cout or printf for debugging.

I’am just using cout or printf for debugging.