How to install TensorFlow and Spicy into my Jetson nano ?

How to install TensorFlow and Spicy into my Jetson nano ?
I have 2 SD cards and images. One for Hello! AI world, the another is for headless getting started with AI class.

I’m current working on headless mode with SD card image for “getting started with AI on Jetson Nano”, how can I install TensorFlow and Spicy?

Thanks

Jong Lin

Hi,

You can install TensorFlow with the instructiuon shared in this document:

Spicy can be installed via this command:

pip3 install scipy

Please noticed that both installations take hours to finish.

Thanks.

Hi,

It did not work. Please see following:

dlinano@jetson-nano:~$ pip3 install scipy
Collecting scipy
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8fb6a7b8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)': /simple/scipy/
^COperation cancelled by user
dlinano@jetson-nano:~$

My questions:
I had completed the class “getting started AI with Jetson nano” .
(1) For installation of Tensorflow/Scipy, can I use the same image SD card for the headless mode in the class “getting started AI with Jetson nano” ?
(2) Why I got the error message during install (described as above)?

Thanks

Jong Lin

Can I install “JetPack” in the same SD card using the headless mode in the class “getting started AI with Jetson nano” ? or, I need another new SD card for the image again?

dlinano@jetson-nano:~$ sudo pip3 install scipy
[sudo] password for dlinano:
The directory ‘/home/dlinano/.cache/pip/http’ or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo’s -H flag.
The directory ‘/home/dlinano/.cache/pip’ or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo’s -H flag.
Collecting scipy
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7fb33a8dd8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)': /simple/scipy/
^C
Operation cancelled by user

more error message …

Can you try

$sudo apt-get install python3-scipy

For more details: https://www.scipy.org/install.html#package-manager
Once it installs:

$python3
>> import scipy

Hi, I still got the error by using command “$sudo apt-get install python3-scipy”

dlinano@jetson-nano:~$ sudo apt-get install python3-scipy
[sudo] password for dlinano:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
apt-clone archdetect-deb busybox-static cryptsetup-bin dpkg-repack gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0 gir1.2-xkl-1.0 grub-common
kde-window-manager kinit kio kpackagetool5 kwayland-data kwin-common kwin-data kwin-x11 libdebian-installer4 libkdecorations2-5v5
libkdecorations2private5v5 libkf5activities5 libkf5attica5 libkf5completion-data libkf5completion5 libkf5declarative-data
libkf5declarative5 libkf5doctools5 libkf5globalaccel-data libkf5globalaccel5 libkf5globalaccelprivate5 libkf5idletime5
libkf5jobwidgets-data libkf5jobwidgets5 libkf5kcmutils-data libkf5kcmutils5 libkf5kiocore5 libkf5kiontlm5 libkf5kiowidgets5
libkf5newstuff-data libkf5newstuff5 libkf5newstuffcore5 libkf5package-data libkf5package5 libkf5plasma5 libkf5quickaddons5
libkf5solid5 libkf5solid5-data libkf5sonnet5-data libkf5sonnetcore5 libkf5sonnetui5 libkf5textwidgets-data libkf5textwidgets5
libkf5waylandclient5 libkf5waylandserver5 libkf5xmlgui-bin libkf5xmlgui-data libkf5xmlgui5 libkscreenlocker5
libkwin4-effect-builtins1 libkwineffects11 libkwinglutils11 libkwinxrenderutils11 libqgsttools-p1 libqt5designer5 libqt5help5
libqt5multimedia5 libqt5multimedia5-plugins libqt5multimediaquick-p5 libqt5multimediawidgets5 libqt5opengl5 libqt5positioning5
libqt5printsupport5 libqt5qml5 libqt5quick5 libqt5quickwidgets5 libqt5sensors5 libqt5sql5 libqt5test5 libqt5webchannel5
libqt5webkit5 libxcb-composite0 libxcb-cursor0 libxcb-damage0 os-prober python3-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 python3-icu python3-pam
python3-pyqt5 python3-pyqt5.qtsvg python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit qml-module-org-kde-kquickcontrolsaddons qml-module-qtmultimedia
qml-module-qtquick2 rdate
Use ‘sudo apt autoremove’ to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
python3-decorator
Suggested packages:
python-scipy-doc
The following NEW packages will be installed:
python3-decorator python3-scipy
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 241 not upgraded.
Need to get 8,631 kB of archives.
After this operation, 36.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
Err:1 Index of /ubuntu-ports bionic/universe arm64 python3-decorator all 4.1.2-1
Could not resolve ‘ports.ubuntu.com
Err:2 Index of /ubuntu-ports bionic/universe arm64 python3-scipy arm64 0.19.1-2ubuntu1
Could not resolve ‘ports.ubuntu.com
E: Failed to fetch http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/pool/universe/p/python-decorator/python3-decorator_4.1.2-1_all.deb Could not resolve ‘ports.ubuntu.com
E: Failed to fetch http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/pool/universe/p/python-scipy/python3-scipy_0.19.1-2ubuntu1_arm64.deb Could not resolve ‘ports.ubuntu.com
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Hi,

It looks like there are something wrong on your networks.
Could you try to access “[url]http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports[/url]” with browser to see if any problem?

Thanks.