How to program the eeprom of TK1?

I design a board of TK1 myself.After flashing the emmc flash ,it failed to boot. I changed the eeprom to the one on the TK1 board designed by NVIDIA,which is already programmed,and then my borad booted successful.
I wander if it is possible to program the eeprom when the TK1 is in the recovery mode.
Any other way to program the is also OK.
Thank you .

The eeprom is not necessary, you could uncomment the board-id in the jetson-tk1.conf file.

“I wander if it is possible to program the eeprom when the TK1 is in the recovery mode.”
No, there is no way to program the I2C EEPROM in recovery mode.

The EEPROM can be accessed and changed (programmed) in u-boot with the I2C commands. The I2C md does an I2C read and should read the EEPROM (the EEPROM uses single byte addressing).
I2C mm or mw will write to the EEPROM.

Thanks for your reply.I had tested on my board and found the eeprom is necessary.Without the programmed eeprom my borad could not boot normally .Now I use the eeprom of the TK1 board designed by NVIDIA.

The eeprom provide some board config information to boot loader, The boot loader will stop at eeprom reading without it, If you uncomment the board-id in the jetson-tk1.conf file, system could boot up without the eeprom.

I use R21.3 bsp, and board-id in the jetson-tk1.conf file is uncommented,I am sure system can boot without eeprom.But I get another question.

One of my JetsonTK1 board’s I2C interface is broken, so the eeprom, temperature sensor and audio chip can not be accessed, the system can boot. But now, I can not fash new system again, because the flasher(fastboot) will access eeprom, and then it found that board ID can not be read, then it tell me the board is not supported by the flasher.

So,if I design a board of TK1 myself,and the eeprom on the board is new, just 0xFF in it. In this case, I think flashing system will be failed,anyone known how to solve it?

It is possible to program a board without EEPROM (and by implication design a board without EEPROM), take a look at these links :

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/900265/jetson-tk1/id-eeprom/

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/920310/jetson-tk1/the-issues-are-for-designing-own-board-/

(IMHO - It is just easier to leave the EEPROM in the design, costs permitting, and use the existing flashing tools Nvidia provide without the hacks)