How to read the images from 2 Raspberry Pi camera Simultaneously on TX2-NX??

Hi, everyone,

I have a custom board powered on TX2-NX which has 2 MIPI camera port. When connect 2 camera at same time, I can read images from either one camera by the following command:

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=30, height=30, format=NV12, framerate=30/1' ! nvoverlaysink -e

I want to read the images from both 2 camera simultaneously. However, when I start the second camera after the first one is running, it turn an error:

This is the diagram of the multiplexer of the camera switch:

The diagram of CAM_MUX_SEL output pin from TX2-NX module:

The diagram of CSI signal which transport from MIPI port:
Selection_047

The diagram of two MIPI Camera:

Can someone tell me how to read the images from two camera device simultaneously?
Thanks a lot !

Using xvimagesink instead of nvoverlaysink like below.

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=30, height=30, format=NV12, framerate=30/1' ! nvvidconv ! xvimagesink -e

@ShaneCCC , thanks for your reply.

I changed my plan to use one Respberry Pi and one Arducam, powered by Jetson Xavier-NX. My Jetpack version is 4.6.1, I was told that the driver of Respberry Pi (imx219) and Arducam (imx477) was installed officially since Jetpack version 4.6. (website)
However, after I flashed the board and connected the cameras, both of them didn’t work, no matter which driver I switch in jetson-io.py. I can’t even find any camera devices by using “ls /dev/video*” command. Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Please consult with Arducam for the driver support.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.