Multiple Camera Integration

Hi,
I am currently involved with an image processing project where we will need images from six different cameras. We need the video feed to run at 30 frames per second at 1080p. After having done some research, we are looking at using MIPI CSI-2 cameras, however on the TX1, it looks like there is only input for one camera. What other hardware components would you recommend to be able to integrate additional cameras? Thanks in advance!

Hi shibboleet

NVIDIA enables camera partner Leopard Imaging to provide support for our platform. Here is more info for your reference: [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/partners[/url]

Thanks

6 MIPI CSI-2 Cameras support for Jetson TX1: Multiple MIPI CSI-2 Cameras for NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier/TX2

Some of the key features of our 3.4MP MIPI Camera are:
Auto/Manual exposure support along with ISP functions such as brightness, saturation, sharpness, zoom, flip & mirror etc.
2 lane MIPI CSI-2.0 interface.
Maximum data transfer rate of 3.4MP at 30 fps on a single camera.
6 Cameras can simultaneously output 1080p@30fps.
Support for Face detection and smile detection as an add-on feature.
S-mount lens holder for interchangeable lenses as per requirement.
Supported output formats – YUV422.

all,
Thank you for your help!!

Hi there,

I have a Jetson TX1 module coupled with an Auvidea J100 board (https://auvidea.com/j100/).
I would like to find a camera module containing the OV5693 image sensor, and to connect it to the CSI2 15 pin FPC 1mm pitch of my Auvidea J100.

I have two main questions:
1/ Let’s assume that I extract the camera from the Jetson development kit (the camera is a Sunny P5V27C containing the OV5693), what type of connector do I need to use to connect it to the CSI2 15 pin FPC 1mm pitch of my Auvidea J100? I can’t find this information anywhere.
2/ Another way is to buy a camera module from Sunny or an equivalent, which delivers the camera with the connector: which brands of camera module (except for Sunny) sell this kind of product? I can’t find any.

Thank you very much in advance for your replies.

Hi econSystems-Dharma,

Is it possible for you to share the following info?

The Jetson TX2 camera connector only has up to 6 GPIO for camera controls (RST,PWRDN, FLASH…). How were you routing 6 different RESET signals into the 6 cameras?

Thanks.