How to update Jetson Nano uboot.bin with the command "dd"

actually the question looks like how to make the new BCT partition file with new uboot.bin
sudo ./tegrabct --chip 0x210 --bct ./P3448_A00_4GB_Micron_4GB_lpddr4_204Mhz_P987.cf
i got “Bct size is zero”

Hi,

Sorry that there is no way to make a new partition for u-boot.

Dear WayneWWW:
thanks for your reply.On Jetson K1,I used to update uboot the way like:

dd if=uboot_new.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0pX[EBT partition]
dd if=BCT_new of=/dev/mmcblk0pY[BCT partition]

where BCT_new made from: sudo ./mkbctpat -b BCT_old -i 0 -B uboot_new.bin BCT_new
I am not sure if there is the similar way to do that on Jetson Nano,can you help to give me some advice
for updating without micro usb lane.

Hi zhangfuxing,

Sorry for my previous reply. I may misunderstand your question. Do you want to update the uboot.bin to the partition w/o running flash procedure?

If yes, why is bct related here?

If you want to update uboot w/o running flash procedure, you could refer to this topic.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1045628/jetson-tx1/u-boot-software-update-in-the-field/post/5305768/#5305768

Please be careful to change the P2180_A00_LP4_DSC_204Mhz.cfg, odmdata, tegra210-jetson-tx1-p2597-2180-a01-devkit.dtb and board_config_p2597-devkit.xml to the corresponding files of jetson nano.

Dear WayneWWW:

Do you want to update the uboot.bin to the partition w/o running flash procedure?
–>yes,I expect to update uboot with the Udisk
On Jetson K1,if just only run
dd if=uboot_new.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0pX[EBT partition]
booting would fail,because the checksum info of the new uboot.bin
locates in BCT partition

Please try with the method in #5 first. TK1 is using rel-21 while jetson nano is using rel-32.
It has lots of changes, so you should not use the tk1 method anymore.