HowTo make VM send/recv multicast packet

Follow the post bellow, I’v already enable VM to send/recv multicast packet.

HowTo Configure Privileged VF on ConnectX-4 https://community.mellanox.com/s/article/howto-configure-privileged-vf-on-connectx-4

But I have question: Is there other method to achieve this ,because I need to avoid configing on host.

My backgroup: redhat openstack + mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx

[root@Node2 ~]# lspci | grep Mellanox

82:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx]

82:00.1 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx]

82:00.2 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx Virtual Function]

82:00.3 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx Virtual Function]

82:00.4 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx Virtual Function]

Cannot avoid ruining the commands on the hosts it’s the only “identity” that exposes the VFs information + all the device/sriov settings need to go through the server

Thanks for you reply.

But it confuse me .I can’t believe it!

Because two VFs can’t even communicate by using IPv6 address,if VFs wasn’t been set to privileged mode.

Is there any method for VF to notify PF doing some action? like Intel chip 's mailbox.

Does the mellanox PF’s driver have similar mechanism for this?

Can anyone help me? tks.