IDE suggestion

Hello,
I have been looking for a CUDA IDE but i can’t find one that has a good doc.
I have installed ms visual studio but i can just open projects by converting the sample ones.
Can anyone please suggest me a good IDE on windows xp that has tutorials which shows how to open a new cuda project, debug the program.
Thanks.

Visual Studio is your best friend !

Have you linked to your libraries and dlls ?

nVidia provides a template program in the projects folder.

you can use that or change an already existing example according to your own needs.

Cheers

Hello, first of all thanks for your answer. I have problems with ms visual studio 8 due to i have not use it before. I have used the template project but i want to create the project by myown, can you please tell me how to link dlls and the libraries. A tutorial would be so good.
Thanks.

In Visual Studio 2005 select Tools → Options.

In the Options dialog box, expand Projects and Solutions. Click on VC++ Directories.

In the top right corner of the dialog box, select

1. Executable Files. Then press the button that looks like a folder to create a new entry in the list. To the right you will see a button labeled “…”. Press this and browse to the CUDA bin directory (something like C:\CUDA\bin).

2. Include Files.Then press the button that looks like a folder to create a new entry in the list. To the right you will see a button labeled “…”. Press this and browse to the CUDA include directory (something like C:\CUDA\include and C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\common\inc).

3. Library Files.Then press the button that looks like a folder to create a new entry in the list. To the right you will see a button labeled “…”. Press this and browse to the CUDA lib directory (something like C:\CUDA\lib and C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\common\lib).

Now that Visual Studio knows all the CUDA libraries and DLLs you can compile any of the samples from the Projects folder.

You can view the linker information from Project → Properties (or Alt + F7).

On the right hand of the window you can add

To create a new project you could create an empty project and add the required files and then copy the linker information from the template project. nVidia Projects have been pre-linked so that they can run as-is, so you can use & modify any of the existing ones and not start from scratch.

The linker information in nVidia projects is relative, that is the library and the dll paths are relative to the projects directory.

Just keep a note of that and all wil; be fine.

Cheers

Thanks alot man, it worked :)