Image Captioning for the Visually Impaired and Blind People

Dear Jetson Community,

I am excited to share my recent post about Image Captioning for the Visually Impaired and Blind People. As a researcher and developer, I have been working on developing innovative solutions to help the visually impaired and blind people to navigate the world around them.

With the recent advancements in computer vision and natural language processing, we can now use image captioning techniques to describe images to the visually impaired and blind people. This can be a game-changer for their daily lives and help them to gain a better understanding of their surroundings.

In my post, I have shared my experience of developing an image captioning model using the NVIDIA Jetson platform. I have also shared some insights into the challenges and opportunities in this field. I hope that this post will be useful for anyone who is interested in developing assistive technologies for the visually impaired and blind people.

Best regards,
Nurgaliyev Shakhizat

3 Likes

Hi @ebohan, thanks for your feedback. I will try to generate a demo video. I will inform you soon!

2 Likes

Hi @ebohan,

Here it is: https://youtu.be/o_TaC8USTek

Best regards,
Shakhizat

1 Like

Hi @ebohan, I hope you are doing well. If anyone is interested, I have successfully implemented another project using the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin for visually impaired and blind people.

More details can be found here - Hackster.io

1 Like

Apologies for my late reply—this is fantastic work and I’m noting it!

Hi @ebohan, no problem at all! I just implemented another project for visually impaired and blind people. I couldn’t have done it without the incredible work of @dusty_nv. His local_llm(jetson-containers/packages/llm/local_llm at master · dusty-nv/jetson-containers · GitHub) project was invaluable, which made my implementation possible. All credit goes to him!

1 Like