In ubuntu18, nvidia-driver install failed

I am a new to GPU setting. I will set up nvidia-driver on Ubuntu18. But many try has failed for unknown reason.

env

• GPU : RTX3090
  • CPU : AMD® Ryzen 5 3500 6-core processor × 6

I think nvidia-driver-455 and cuda11.1.1 are right version from many website. I reinstalled Ubuntu, and tried NVIDIA official install flow on https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-11.1.1-download-archive?target_os=Linux&target_arch=x86_64&target_distro=Ubuntu&target_version=1804&target_type=deblocal

After rebooting, the command “nvidia-driver” results on

NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

I saw /var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build/make.log written below

CONFTEST: drm_atomic_state_ref_counting
 CONFTEST: drm_driver_has_gem_prime_res_obj
 CONFTEST: drm_atomic_helper_connector_dpms
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build/Kbuild:135: recipe for target '/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build/conftest/compile-tests/drm_atomic_state_ref_counting.h' failed
make[2]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build/conftest/compile-tests/drm_atomic_state_ref_counting.h] Error 139
make[2]: *** Deleting file '/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build/conftest/compile-tests/drm_atomic_state_ref_counting.h'
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Makefile:1757: recipe for target '/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build' failed
make[1]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/455.32.00/build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-5.4.0-65-generic'
Makefile:81: recipe for target 'modules' failed
make: *** [modules] Error 2

Please tell me what happened and solution.

Thanks

Known bug. Happens with kernel 5.8. Will be fixed soon

If there is no output, then your installation has probably failed . It is also possible that the driver is not available in your system’s driver database. You can run the following command to check if your system is running on the open-source driver nouveau. … This is my terminal output of Nvidia Drivers .

Sorry, I forget to note result.

The error is caused by hardware problem. My CPU had unfortunately initial failure, so cuda error happened.

After changing to new one, no error happend following official set up instruction.

Thank you, every one.