Infer flickering

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

Hello i’m trying to make a stream using deepstream
my system is xavier NX, jetpack 4.4, i use deepstream 5.0

i made a stream with infer myself
but it was very strange
my steam input was from monitor
this means it will never change the value of pixel if i do not any control
but bbox was moving, size change and flickering

i was used yolo sample providing jetpack
please help

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Thanks for reply

i use jetson xavier NX
and deepstream 5.0
jetpack 4.4
tensor RT 7.0

Can you elaborate which app is used? What is the pipeline? The configurations? What kind of sources? CSI camera, rtsp camera or anything else? Monitor is for display but not for capture video.

i used deepstream-test1-app CApplication

my source is SDI(moniter is correct because i use hdmi to sdi converter) so i use v4l2src plugin

Thank you for the information! Is the input a repeated picture or a video stream? Do you use a hdmi signal generator to generate the input? Or it is just a HDMI camera?

it was video stream

and now i use sdi camera and converter with eco-capture(PCIe)
it’s same situation

Unless you are using a HDMI generator to generate pattern data, you can not guarantee every frame is just exact the same pixels. Even the scene never changes, the ambient lighting is always change even with artificial illumination and there is physical noise(optical noise and electrical noise) with the capture sensors even with the best brand. We can not guarantee the input is constant so the detected result is also not that stable.

1 Like

Thanks for reply!