Install video codec on Jetson Nano

I have download a video SDK(Video_Codec_SDK_9.0.20) on jetson nano, when I compile the video SDK sample code , there is an error:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/cuda/lib64/stubs/libnvcuvid.so when searching for -lnvcuvid
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnvcuvid

It seems the libnvcuvid.so is not compatible on jetson nano platform. (Linux version Ubuntu 18.04.)

Anyone could please give some help on this issue?

Thanks

Hi 6332393, nvcuvid isn’t supported on Tegra SoC, instead GStreamer or V4L2 are used to access the hardware video decoder and encoder.

For examples to get started, see the L4T Accelerated GStreamer User Guide:

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-accelerated-gstreamer-guide-32-1[/url]

Firstly, thanks for the gstreamer support and howto.

• FFMpeg is main library for many multimedia apps.

Someone from Nvidia has to cross-compile the codec libraries (libnvcuvid.so, etc) for aarch64 / ARM64 architecture . It should not be a big workload if you have the source codes. Please do it.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a solution. Many developers want hw decoding with ffmpeg. Why is this not supported for Tegra (Jetson Nano) Its a matter of cross compiling it… I very much would like to see this support so all of us could benefit from the ease of ffmpeg and the SoC’s GPU…