Is it possible to use nvdrmvideosink or something for gstreamer in Ubuntu

Hello,

I’m doing capturing and displaying of video from Magewell Quad/Dual HDMI adapters on system with T1000 video cards. With following like command line:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=YV12,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=60/1 ! autovideosink

I can start only 3 streams and Xorg CPU usage grows to 94%-98% and with starting of next capture/display command video playback started to drop frames (become sluggish).
Is there a way to use some nVidia based video sink which will accelerate data delivering from capture card to screen and offload Xorg process?
I tried to look into nvdrmvideosink side but can’t even find a way to install it to normal computer with Ubuntu (seems like it installed with standard gst plugins but for Jetson).
Please advice how to accelerate gst pipeline here.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

Can you check the behavior of nveglglessink? It can utilize GPU but still need CPU to do some memory converting work, not sure where the bottleneck is.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.