We are pleased to announce JetPack 4.5, a production release supporting Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson TX2 series, Jetson TX1, and Jetson Nano.
JetPack 4.5 includes VPI 1.0, Security features including enhanced secure boot and support for full disk encryption, enhanced bootloader functionality, and a new way of flashing Jetson devices using NFS.
We will be hosting a webinar on Feb 9th for an in-depth overview of JetPack 4.5 features where we will also demo select features and answer any questions you may have. Please register here.
Learn how to implement computer vision and image processing pipelines using VPI by registering to the webinar we will be hosting on Feb 11th
Highlights of JetPack 4.5 are:
- First Production release of Vision Programming Interface (VPI).
- Support for Docker 19.03.
- Support for installing JetPack components on Linux host computer using Debian package management tool.
- Secure boot enhanced for Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson Xavier NX to extend encryption support to kernel, kernel-dtb and initrd.
- Disk encryption supported to protect data at rest on Jetson AGX Xavier, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson TX2.
- Support for loading kernel, device tree and initrd from the root file system on USB drive or NVME for Jetson TX2, Jetson TX1 and Jetson Nano production and developer kit modules. Refer to release notes for more details.
- UBoot version updated to v2020.04 for Jetson TX2, Jetson TX1 and Jetson Nano
- New way of flashing eMMC, SDCard, USB or NVME connected to Jetson using Network File System. Jetson AGX Xavier, Jetson Xavier NX and Jetson TX2 are supported in this release.
- Boot firmware for all Jetson Nano developer kits updated to relocate boot firmware to integrated QSPI-NOR. Developer kits will use microSD Cardsolely or OS/app storage after this change
- All Jetson Nano Developer Kits will now show a warning screen if no microSD Card is inserted. It will attempt to boot from other supported media after showing this warning screen.
JetPack 4.5 components:
- L4T R32.5
- CUDA 10.2
- cuDNN 8.0
- TensorRT 7.1.3
- VisionWorks 1.6
- OpenCV 4.1.1
- Vulkan 1.2
- VPI 1.0 (First Production Release)
- Nsight Systems 2020.4
- Nsight Graphics 2020.5
- Nsight Compute 2019.3
Install JetPack 4.5 using SDK Manager or SD card image (for Jetson Nano 2GB Developer Kit, Jetson Nano Developer Kit and Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit) or upgrade via Debian package management tool (refer instructions from here)
Notes: (We will update this announcement accordingly when we take care of below notes)
- Containers for JetPack 4.5 will be hosted on NGC shortly!
- VPI 1.0 documentation will be available on Jan 22nd.