We are very pleased to announce that JetPack 5.1 is now released!
JetPack 5.1 is a production release with added support for Jetson Orin NX 16GB production module. It also supports Jetson AGX Orin 32GB, Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit, Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX series as well as Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit and Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit.
JetPack 5.1 includes Jetson Linux 35.2.1 with new security and OTA features as well as enhancements for Multimedia, Camera and Display. Below are the top highlights for JetPack 5.1. Please refer to JetPack 5.1 page for full lists of features:
- Adds support for Jetson Orin NX 16GB production module
- Over The Air Updates:
- Image Based OTA tools with A/B support to upgrade Jetson AGX Xavier or Jetson Xavier NX modules running JetPack 4.x releases
- Image Based OTA tools to upgrade Jetson Orin modules will be released with the next release
- Fixes for HDMI 2.0 and DP compliance
- Support for AR1335 YUV camera
- Enhanced support for simultaneous V4l2 and Argus
- New Argus Demosaic (argus_demosaicOutput sample) to output RGB supported on Orin
- New Argus RAW reprocessing (syncStereoRawReprocess sample) to read Bayer raw images from file & provide reprocessed YUV output to file
- Updated Argus SyncSensorCalibrationData extension with enhanced EEPROM Calibration data to support Camera Module Serial Number, and IMU Noise Parameters
- TAQ( Temporal Adaptive Quantization) support is extended to H264 encoder
JetPack 5.1 Components:
- Jetson Linux 35.2.1
- CUDA 11.4.19
- TensorRT 8.5.2
- cuDNN 8.6.0
- VPI 2.2
- OpenCV 4.5.4
- Vulkan 1.3
- Nsight Systems 2022.5
- Nsight Graphics 2022.6
- Nsight DLD/Compute 2022.2
To upgrade from previous JetPack 5 Releases:
To upgrade from previous JetPack 5 releases, first edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list to point to the 35.2 repo (just change the version to r35.2 in both lines). Next, use the following commands, then physically reboot the system:
sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade sudo apt install --fix-broken -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite"
If you encounter an error, please use the following 3 commands and re-attempt the upgrade (do not reboot the device after running below command and before re-attempting the upgrade)
sudo parted /dev/mmcblk0 -s rm 4 sudo parted /dev/mmcblk0 -s resizepart 3 67.9MB sudo parted /dev/mmcblk0 mkpart -s A_reserved_on_user 67.9MB 101MB
Please select “Ignore” when prompted and “ext2” as the file system type.
- JetPack 5.1 Release Notes and Documentation
- Jetson Linux 35.2.1 Release Notes
- Jetson Linux Developer Guide
Note: Some of the links in Jetson Linux 35.2.1 page in Downloads section do not follow the normal convention. For example: https://developer.nvidia.com/downloads/r35releasev21-sources-ubuntufocal-l4taarch64srctbz2
This is due to an issue in our posting tool and we plan to fix it within a week so that our links can follow the convention as before.