We are very pleased to announce that JetPack 5.0.2 is now released!
JetPack 5.0.2 production release replaces JetPack 5.0/5.0.1 Developer preview release which were for development purposes only. JetPack 5.0.2 is the first production release for Jetson AGX Orin. JetPack 5.0.2 includes Jetson Linux 35.1 BSP with Linux Kernel 5.10, an Ubuntu 20.04 based root file system, a UEFI based bootloader, and OP-TEE as Trusted Execution Environment. JetPack 5.0.2 includes the latest compute stack on Jetson with CUDA 11.4, TensorRT 8.4.1, cuDNN 8.4.1
This release supports Jetson AGX Orin 32 GB production module and Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit. It also supports Jetson AGX Xavier series and Jetson Xavier NX series modules, as well as Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit and Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit.
Note: Starting with this release, SDK Manager offers the option of either a full installation of JetPack or the installation of JetPack runtime components only. The JetPack runtime installation does not include samples or documentation and takes only half the storage as a full JetPack installation. Select full JetPack installation or JetPack runtime only installation from the drop down menu while selecting JetPack version.
Note: From JetPack 5.0.2 onwards, NVIDIA also hosts runtime and development debian meta packages for all JetPack components. The runtime packages do not include samples and documentations while the development packages include these and are intended for development. Users can install full JetPack or only runtime JetPack meta packages over Jetson Linux.
Below are the top highlights for JetPack 5.0.2. Please refer to JetPack 5.0.2 page for full lists of features:
- Adds support for Jetson AGX Orin 32GB production module
- Enables Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit to emulate performance of Jetson AGX Orin 64GB, Jetson AGX Orin 32GB, Jetson Orin NX 16GB and Jetson Orin NX 8GB modules. Refer to the emulation section in release notes for detail.
- Secure storage in OP-TEE using normal world (REE) file system
- Over The Air Updates:
- Image Based OTA tools to upgrade Jetson AGX Xavier or Jetson Xavier NX modules running JetPack 4.x releases
- Support for Power Estimator for Jetson AGX Orin and Jetson Xavier NX series
- Argus support for YUV444 and Linear RGB888 output format for Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson Xavier NX.
- HDR Support for Jetson AGX Orin. Digital Overlap (DOL) Mode and Piecewise Linear (PWL) are supported.
- AV1 encoding/decoding on Jetson AGX Orin
- Support for nvJPEG load balancing to use 2 nvJPEG engines in Jetson AGX Orin, providing 2X the encoding\decoding performance compared to JetPack 5.0/5.0.1 Developer Preview releases.
- Pre-Processing Enhancements (PPE) module. This module provides a framework for various video encode enhancement algorithms. Currently in this release Temporal Adaptive Quantization (TAQ) is supported.
- Cloud Native:
- New Containers on NGC:
- JetPack container with all JetPack components like CUDA, cuDNN, TensorRT, VPI, etc within the container.
- Cross Compilation Container which makes it simpler to cross compile JetPack and Jetson Linux components on a x86 host machine running Linux.
- Jetson Linux Flashing Container which includes all the prerequisites required to flash Jetson modules and developer kits from a x86 host machine running Linux.
- New Containers on NGC:
JetPack 5.0.2 Components:
- Jetson Linux 35.1
- CUDA 11.4.14
- TensorRT 8.4.1
- cuDNN 8.4.1
- VPI 2.1
- OpenCV 4.5.4
- Vulkan 1.3
- Nsight Systems 2022.3
- Nsight Graphics 2022.3
- Nsight Deep Learning Designer 2022.1
To upgrade from JetPack 5.0/5.0.1 Developer Preview:
First edit etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list to first point to 35.1 repo (just change the version to r35.1 in both lines) and then use the following commands, then physcially reboot the system:
sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade sudo apt install --fix-broken -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite"
The last line is required because in JetPack 5.0.2 release cuda-nvprof-11-4 package was renamed.