I am using Jetson AGX Xavier DVK kit.
Jetpack : JetPack_4.4_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER
kernel source : kernel 4.9
Steps I followed :
- Flashed Jetson using SDK manager, after flashing is complete created a user using desktop. and able to use the system.
- Build the kernel using kernel sources followed the steps from below link :
after successful image built. copied the output Image to Tegra_For_Linux
Replace <release_packagep>/Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/Image with a copy of:
Used sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1 to flash the jetson.
after flashing is complete system booted normally and display comes up.
- Applied RT patch using ./scripts/rt-patch.sh apply-patches
while building the kernel selected choice 5 for
- No Forced Preemption (Server) (PREEMPT_NONE)
- Voluntary Kernel Preemption (Desktop) (PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY)
- Preemptible Kernel (Low-Latency Desktop) (PREEMPT__LL) (NEW)
- Preemptible Kernel (Basic RT) (PREEMPT_RTB) (NEW)
- Fully Preemptible Kernel (RT) (PREEMPT_RT_FULL) (NEW)
Once the kernel build is complete. copied the Image to Linux_For Tegra same as above:
system comes up with display user account is created using display then system reboots during this time. Display will be OFF :
On HDMI display console log is available. no dispalay output.
By using the UART terminal log I am able to login :
root@jetson:~# uname -a
Linux jetson 4.9.140-rt93-tegra #3 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Jan 21 15:21:26 IST 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
I have attached the console logs. Please let me know If missed anything.
With_RT (26.6 KB)
as well attached the display output image.