Jetson Orin Nano Super P3767-0005 — missing board ID/EEPROM data causes JetPack 7.2.1 flash failure

Hello,

NVIDIA Customer Care asked me to post here after troubleshooting a Jetson Orin Nano Super Developer Kit that cannot complete a JetPack installation.

Hardware

Jetson Orin Nano Super Developer Kit

Module: P3767-0005

Carrier board: P3768-0000

Kingston NV3 1TB NVMe installed

Host used for final testing

x86_64 PC

Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS

NVIDIA SDK Manager 2.4.1

JetPack 7.2.1

Recovery mode

The Jetson enters Force Recovery Mode correctly and is detected by Ubuntu:

0955:7523 NVIDIA Corp. APX

SDK Manager also recognizes it as:

Jetson Orin Nano [8GB developer kit version] P3767-0005 module P3768-0000 carrier board

However, SDK Manager reports that the device is not ready for flash.

I then ran:

sudo ./nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --check-all

The result shows that communication with the Jetson succeeds, but the module identification fields are empty:

Reading board information succeeded.

Parsing chip info.bin information succeeded.

Parsing module EEPROM:

Parsing board ID () succeeded.

Parsing board version () succeeded.

Parsing board SKU () succeeded.

Parsing board REV () succeeded.

Error: Target board not found.

Error: Parsing boardid failed.

Earlier JetPack installation attempts also generated:

jetson-unknown

and failed while configuring:

nvidia-l4t-bootloader

with:

Unrecognized board ID

I also checked /target/etc/nv_boot_control.conf, which showed the device being generated as jetson-unknown.

I have tested different USB connections and also tested from both Windows/WSL and, per NVIDIA Customer Care’s instructions, a native Ubuntu 22.04 x86-64 host. The native Ubuntu test produces the board-ID/EEPROM result shown above.

I have NOT manually modified or rewritten the module EEPROM.

Could an NVIDIA Jetson moderator please confirm whether the module EEPROM/factory board identification is missing or corrupted and whether this unit should be replaced/RMA’d?

I can provide the complete SDK Manag

er debug/export logs if needed.

Thank you.

Hi alonebum,

The empty Board ID, SKU, and revision fields explain why the flashing script reports “Target board not found.” Detection as 0955:7523 confirms that the Jetson is communicating in recovery mode, but it does not verify the module EEPROM contents. NVIDIA documents separate EEPROMs on the P3767 module and P3768 carrier board. Orin Nano board configuration guide

Could you provide two additional checks for NVIDIA to review?

  1. From a clean Jetson Linux r39.2.1 Linux_for_Tegra directory, with the board in recovery mode, run the read-only board-information check and share its output:

    sudo ./flash.sh --read-info jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal
    

    Please redact serial numbers and other unique identifiers before posting the output publicly. NVIDIA documents --read-info for inspecting board and EEPROM information. Flashing guide

  2. Share the complete SDK Manager flash log, particularly the first EEPROM or I²C error, with NVIDIA Customer Care.

If --read-info also cannot retrieve the expected module Board ID 3767 and SKU 0005, an EEPROM or I²C fault becomes more likely. I would avoid rewriting the factory EEPROM or using SKIP_EEPROM_CHECK=1 as a general workaround.

Best regards,
Alejandro Godínez
Embedded Software Engineer, RidgeRun

Contact us: support@ridgerun.com
Developers Wiki: https://developer.ridgerun.com
Website: https://www.ridgerun.com

Is this the first time that this board got flashed?

Do you have other host PC and also other version of Jetpack (e.g. 6.2.2)?

Hi Wayne,
Yes, this was the first time I attempted to flash this board after purchasing it new.
I have already tested it using two different host computers:
Windows 11 with SDK Manager 2.4.1 / JetPack 7.2.1
Native x86_64 Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS with SDK Manager 2.4.1 / JetPack 7.2.1
On the Ubuntu host, the Jetson is detected correctly in Force Recovery Mode as:
0955:7523 NVIDIA Corp. APX
However, nvsdkmanager_flash.sh --check-all reports:
Reading board information succeeded.
Parsing chip info.bin information succeeded.
Parsing board ID () succeeded.
Parsing board version () succeeded.
Parsing board SKU () succeeded.
Parsing board REV () succeeded.
Error: Target board not found.
Error: Parsing boardid failed.
Earlier installation attempts also showed jetson-unknown and Unrecognized board ID.
I have not yet tried JetPack 6.2.2. If you recommend testing 6.2.2 as the next troubleshooting step, I can do that on the Ubuntu 22.04 host and report the results.
I have not modified or rewritten the EEPROM.
Thank you.

Could you directly run this command as @alejandro.godinez suggested on your host PC instead of running sdkmanager and share us the result?

Could you provide two additional checks for NVIDIA to review?

  1. From a clean Jetson Linux r39.2.1 Linux_for_Tegra directory, with the board in recovery mode, run the read-only board-information check and share its output:

    sudo ./flash.sh --read-info jetson-orin-nano-devkit internal
    

This would not fully flash the board but just dumping info.