Jetson TK1 - Debian GUI won't work

Hi,

I am using Debian O.S on Jetson TK1 platform. I am able to boot up properly but the problem is i am unable to get the GUI (desktop environment) up. When i start x server (startx) it gives me the error screen not found. Am i missing any video/graphic drivers ?

Which Debian version? The Jessie seems to have too new X.Org and the Video ABI is not supported by the Jetson’s X.Org driver.

I’m runing Debian Sid since the day i’ve received my jetson.
You need to install an old version of x.
Add:
Package: xserver-*
Pin: origin “snapshot.debian.org
Pin-Priority: 1001
in your /etc/apt/preferences and:
deb http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20140416T053134Z sid main
to your /etc/sources.list
install xserver-core (1.5 version).

I am using Debian wheezy

Hi,

Can you please tell me which version of Xorg to be installed. In Debian wheezy version 1.16 was installed. I downgraded to version 1.11.4. But still the same problem. Attaching logs for better understanding.

[ 1082.953] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in your X
[ 1082.953] (EE) NVIDIA(0): log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
[ 1082.953] (EE) NVIDIA(0): server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX module. If
[ 1082.953] (EE) NVIDIA(0): you continue to encounter problems, Please try
[ 1082.953] (EE) NVIDIA(0): reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
[ 1082.956] (EE) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA graphics devicee

Not an answer, but some info. When the X server is compiled it is linked against various libraries. libglx.so is one of those libraries. The exact libglx.so which is present in your system must be the same one which the X package was compiled against…you may need to build your own X server compiled against nVidia libglx.so, or use the libglx.so and other files which X was built against from the distribution. Unfortunately, if other files on Jetson require the nVidia version of files (all kinds of files link against specific builds, including libraries linked to other libraries), then there is an entire chain of dependencies that grows and greatly complicates mixing nVidia files with non-nVidia X unless the entire X system was rebuilt using nVidia files during the build. Chicken and the egg dilemma. This is certainly a possibility, and once solved not hard to deal with…the initial X build against nVidia files will be long and not simple.

On the other hand, perhaps someone has already done this (but I haven’t heard of it).

I think that xorg 1.15 is needed. This one work for me.
Also note that you need to add some path to your /etc/ld.so.conf:
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/tegra
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/tegra-egl

Please post you Xorg.0.log if you need more help