Jetson TK1 -- where is OpenGL?

Apologies for asking something that isn’t specifically GPU Computing, but this seems to be the only forum for discussing embedded systems and the Jetson dev-kit.

The Jetson product page says “NVIDIA provides the BSP and software stack which includes the CUDA Toolkit, OpenGL 4.4 drivers, and the NVIDIA VisionWorks Toolkit”. Other advertisements talk about

• GStreamer (gst-openmax) Multimedia Hardware Acceleration Libraries
  • X11, EGL, OpenGL-ES, GLX, OpenGL Hardware Acceleration Libraries
  • Multimedia and Graphics Demo Applications

I’m intending to do some video compositing using OpenMAX and OpenGL. So I wanted to run the aforementioned demo applications to see the board in action and confirm that the configuration is correct.

And the Xorg log file indicates that the GLX extension is running. But there is no glxinfo and apt-get can’t find any mesa-utils package. I also looked for GL/gl.h and there doesn’t seem to be one on the system. Can’t find any demo applications either.

Am I missing some install steps? All I’ve done is boot the dev-kit as shipped and run the installer.sh which was in ~/NVIDIA-INSTALLER. Do I need a newer version of the base filesystem? Another download from nVidia?

You’ll find many of the important libraries tucked away in a “tegra” subdirectory:

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ ls -al /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/tegra/libGL
-rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 713596 May 18 14:16 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/tegra/libGL.so.1

Ok, got mesa-utils to install after enabling the “universe” repository. Now glxinfo and glxgears are running.