LI-IMX219-MIPI-FF-NANO-H136 Pink Tint Problem

Hi everyone,

I have procured dual 136-degree cameras mentioned in the title to be used in the Jetson Nano in my academic artificial intelligence project. With the Nvidia courses, I had the chance to test the cameras today, but when I was capturing, there was a very intense pink color.

As a result of my research on the internet, I solved some of the problem by changing the isp file. The pink color no longer looks like a filter, but there is still some pink-purple mixed color in the corners. This creates a problem for me as there will be processes such as classification according to colors in the project.

Has anyone experienced this before and can fix the problem with Leopard Imaging 136-degree cameras? Or would it be better if I switch to a lower angle one?

Thanks for your cooperation.
Y.

I would suggest to use any camera from the partner if have image quality concern due to only partner have tuning tools for image tuning.
Or use the normal angle module that was tuned by default system image.

Hi @ShaneCCC ,

Thank you for your interest. I just sent an email to LI Support Team about the problem and waiting for a reply. If there is no progress on the subject, I will try to return the cameras I have and use a dual Raspberry Pi V2 module.

Thx a lot.
Y.

hello yamac.tan,

assume you’re having incorrect lens shading parameter for your 136-degree lens covers.
you may attach the captured raw for reference, for example, Applications Using V4L2 IOCTL Directly.
please share that and contact with your sensor vendor to have further supports.
thanks

1 Like

Hi yamac.tan
Sorry for the trouble. We saw you Email and will provide an ISP file to you soon.

1 Like

Hi @SimonZhu

Thanks for quick support. I am waiting for the ISP file. s it possible to provide the steps I need to follow with the file?

Y.

Hi yamac.tan,

We already provided the ISP files and steps through Email. Please check it.

I am having the same pink tint issue, how can this issue be resolved?

Hi josh123,
If you are using our IMX219 H136 module, please try below ISP file.

You can copy camera_overrides.isp to /var/nvidia/nvcam/settings on Jetson and do below two commands to enable the ISP file.
sudo chmod 664 /var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp
sudo chown root:root /var/nvidia/nvcam/settings/camera_overrides.isp

2 Likes

Thank you, there is some noise in the output I am getting from the camera is that normal?

Hi josh123,
The pixel size of IMX219 is only 1.12umx1.12um, so the low light sensitivity might not be as good as other Sony sensors.
Please try below ISP to see if it can reduce the noises.

Thanks, I am still getting noise though.

Hi josh123,
We have other 8MP cameras, such IMX274, IMX415. They have better low light performance.
We have Nano driver for our LI-NANO-CB board.

LI-NANO-CB: https://www.leopardimaging.com/product-category/nvidia-jetson-cameras/nvidia_nano_mipi_camera_kits/li-nano-cb/
LI-IMX274-MIPI: 8.49MP-IMX274 Archives | Leopard Imaging Inc.
LI-IMX415-MIPI: 8.4MP-IMX415 Archives | Leopard Imaging Inc.

1 Like