libcadart.so.3 not found

I’ve just installed Ubuntu 10.10 64 the 64 bit cudatools and devdriver 64. I have code that compiles and runs on 10.10 32. The code compiles on the 64 bit machine OK but gives the error message error while loading shared libraries: libcudart.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to the required /usr/local/cuda/lib64. I’ve also tried /usr/local/cuda/lib to no avail. the PATH contains /usr/local/cuda/bin nvcc is found OK. Is Ubunto 10.10 64 incompatible? Do I need to go back to 32 bit operating system. Graphically the card works OK.
Any thoughts
Ben External Image

I’ve just installed Ubuntu 10.10 64 the 64 bit cudatools and devdriver 64. I have code that compiles and runs on 10.10 32. The code compiles on the 64 bit machine OK but gives the error message error while loading shared libraries: libcudart.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to the required /usr/local/cuda/lib64. I’ve also tried /usr/local/cuda/lib to no avail. the PATH contains /usr/local/cuda/bin nvcc is found OK. Is Ubunto 10.10 64 incompatible? Do I need to go back to 32 bit operating system. Graphically the card works OK.
Any thoughts
Ben External Image

I don’t if this helps any but here’s the modprobe results

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$ sudo modprobe -l | grep nvid

kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/nvidiafb.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$

I don’t if this helps any but here’s the modprobe results

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$ sudo modprobe -l | grep nvid

kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/nvidiafb.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$

Got it fixed.

Got it fixed.

Hi,

I’m experiencing the exact same problem on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. Although the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set correctly it still complains about not finding libcudart.so.3 . Would you mind to share how you got it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m experiencing the exact same problem on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. Although the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set correctly it still complains about not finding libcudart.so.3 . Would you mind to share how you got it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Ok I got it fixed now :).

The problem was of course with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I originally prepended the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH like this in my .bashrc file:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/cuda/lib64

But this did not work! It should look like this:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then just logout and login again and all worked fine.

Ok I got it fixed now :).

The problem was of course with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I originally prepended the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH like this in my .bashrc file:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/cuda/lib64

But this did not work! It should look like this:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then just logout and login again and all worked fine.