libcadart.so.3 not found

I’ve just installed Ubuntu 10.10 64 the 64 bit cudatools and devdriver 64. I have code that compiles and runs on 10.10 32. The code compiles on the 64 bit machine OK but gives the error message error while loading shared libraries: libcudart.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to the required /usr/local/cuda/lib64. I’ve also tried /usr/local/cuda/lib to no avail. the PATH contains /usr/local/cuda/bin nvcc is found OK. Is Ubunto 10.10 64 incompatible? Do I need to go back to 32 bit operating system. Graphically the card works OK.
Any thoughts
Ben :confused:

I’ve just installed Ubuntu 10.10 64 the 64 bit cudatools and devdriver 64. I have code that compiles and runs on 10.10 32. The code compiles on the 64 bit machine OK but gives the error message error while loading shared libraries: libcudart.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to the required /usr/local/cuda/lib64. I’ve also tried /usr/local/cuda/lib to no avail. the PATH contains /usr/local/cuda/bin nvcc is found OK. Is Ubunto 10.10 64 incompatible? Do I need to go back to 32 bit operating system. Graphically the card works OK.
Any thoughts
Ben :confused:

I don’t if this helps any but here’s the modprobe results

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$ sudo modprobe -l | grep nvid

kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/nvidiafb.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$

I don’t if this helps any but here’s the modprobe results

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$ sudo modprobe -l | grep nvid

kernel/drivers/video/backlight/mbp_nvidia_bl.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia/nvidiafb.ko

kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko

ben@ben-GA-MA78LMT-S2:~$

Got it fixed.

Got it fixed.

Hi,

I’m experiencing the exact same problem on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. Although the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set correctly it still complains about not finding libcudart.so.3 . Would you mind to share how you got it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I’m experiencing the exact same problem on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit. Although the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set correctly it still complains about not finding libcudart.so.3 . Would you mind to share how you got it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Ok I got it fixed now :).

The problem was of course with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I originally prepended the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH like this in my .bashrc file:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/cuda/lib64

But this did not work! It should look like this:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then just logout and login again and all worked fine.

Ok I got it fixed now :).

The problem was of course with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I originally prepended the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH like this in my .bashrc file:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/cuda/lib64

But this did not work! It should look like this:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then just logout and login again and all worked fine.