I was wondering if it would be possible for you to provide some clarification as to whether it is ok for us to distribute (i.e. sell to our customers) software that we create by modifying the sample code that is provided with Deepstream 4.0.2?.
Many of the files included with deepstream contain a copyright statement (deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-app/README), but other files contains a much more permissive statement, like a MIT license (deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-app/deepstream_app.c).
That means that the README file has a different license than the source code, so the source of the deepstream-app is under MIT license, and the README file is under a copyright statement. Is that right?
Or it means that the source code is under MIT, and the README copyright statement act as a sublicense of the all app?
The source code of the next apps has MIT lincese, but the README has a copyright statement.
- for example apps in deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson/sources/apps
For example deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-app/README:
- Copyright (c) 2018 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
- NVIDIA Corporation and its licensors retain all intellectual property
- and proprietary rights in and to this software, related documentation
- and any modifications thereto. Any use, reproduction, disclosure or
- distribution of this software and related documentation without an express
- license agreement from NVIDIA Corporation is strictly prohibited.
For example deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_jetson/sources/apps/sample_apps/deepstream-app/deepstream_app.c:
- Copyright (c) 2018-2019, NVIDIA CORPORATION. All rights reserved.
- Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
- copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”),
- to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
- the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
- and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
- Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
- The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
- all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
- IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
- FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
- THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
- LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
- FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
- DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.