Linking cusolver in Visual studio 2013

I have tried basically everything and I can’t get vs2013 to compile and link against the cusolver library. I have tried all the sample projects that came with the cuda installation package and basically all of the samples work fine. Though there are no samples using cusolver. The include files work just fine. The linker is in error and all of the other cuda stuff links just fine. I tried adding one line of cusolver code to a perfectly working cuda sample and it breaks. Here’s a code snippet:

#include "cuda_runtime.h"
#include "device_launch_parameters.h"
#include "cusolver_common.h"
#include "cusolverDn.h"
#include <stdio.h>

cudaError_t addWithCuda(int *c, const int *a, const int *b, unsigned int size);

__global__ void addKernel(int *c, const int *a, const int *b)
{
    int i = threadIdx.x;
    c[i] = a[i] + b[i];
}

int main()
{
    cusolverDnCreate(new cusolverDnHandle_t);

return 0;
}

The build output is:

1>------ Build started: Project: The cudan, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>  Compiling CUDA source file kernel.cu...
1>  
1>  c:\Users\Gdizzle\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\The cudan\The cudan>"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v7.0\bin\nvcc.exe" -gencode=arch=compute_20,code=\"sm_20,compute_20\" --use-local-env --cl-version 2013 -ccbin "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64"  -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v7.0\include" -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v7.0\include"     --keep-dir x64\Release -maxrregcount=0  --machine 64 --compile -cudart static     -DWIN32 -DWIN64 -DNDEBUG -D_CONSOLE -D_MBCS -Xcompiler "/EHsc /W3 /nologo /O2 /Zi  /MD  " -o x64\Release\kernel.cu.obj "c:\Users\Gdizzle\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\The cudan\The cudan\kernel.cu" 
1>  kernel.cu
1>kernel.cu.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol cusolverDnCreate
1>c:\users\gdizzle\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\The cudan\x64\Release\The cudan.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I’ve tried adding directories in project properties → vc++ and in linker options and that didn’t help. Any ideas? It’s so weird that this 1 Library doesn’t work.

(Also if you have any other ideas on how to solve a systems of equations with least squares using gpu programming that would be helpful)

If you read the comment on your cross-posted question, I think it will help you:

[url]c++ - Cuda cusolver can't link in Visual studio 2013 - Stack Overflow

You need to add cusolver.lib to additional dependencies in your project.

Yeah. It’s a pretty tough problem. It’s not solved.