Live object detection with Jetson Nano and smart glasses

Hi,

I want to kick off a live object detection project using Jetson Nano and smart glasses. Something similar to this one https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/jetson-projects/shaides, but using the smart glasses like ThinkReality A3 Smart Glasses | Lenovo US.

instead of the CSI camera.

Can someone help and share some ideas on the feasibility and approach to access/handle video stream from smart glasses with Jetson Nano for real-life object detection use case.

Such glasses have an option to stream live feed from glasses to a browser ThinkReality A3 Industrial Edition - AR Cast - Lenovo Support US

but I am having hard time to see the link how this feed can be used for the edge inference with Jetson Nano. I would very much appreciate relevant comments and insights!

Hi @elena0504, this is interesting, last week I was looking for smart glasses that could stream out over RTP/RTSP/ect, but wasn’t able to find any. It would appear this product is also tethered to a specific phone with additional security and software licensing that locks the streaming into their apps only. I would contact their support and see if they support any standardized streams. If you find one that streams like an IP camera, let me know!

Thanks @dusty_nv for the quick response. I submitted a support ticket and will keep you posted on their feedback regarding the standardized streams.
One follow up question, can you think of any workarounds using Unity perhaps? I came across somewhat related post with someone trying to stream microphone in unity over RTP c# - Stream Microphone in Unity over RTP - Stack Overflow.

Hi @dusty_nv, the tech support for glasses pointed me to the resource: Camera Frame Access Sample | Snapdragon spaces. I’ll investigate.

OK thanks @elena0504, I don’t personally have experience using it, but Unity being Unity, I would think it would be somehow possible to get the data out, the question is how much work and how custom. Wish you the best of luck!