M.2 SSD with Custom Carrier board

Hi,

I want to connect a M.2 (key m) PCIe SSD to our custom carrier board, but the TX2 doesn’t seem to see the drive. The kernel has “CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NVME” set (“CONFIG_NVMEM” is not set but I don’t think that’s relevant). The custom hardware interface is pretty simple. The only components are 3 pull-up resistors and a 32.7kHz crystal, and obviously the connector itself. We verified the soldering and polarity of the crystal so it doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue. At the same time with the same kernel config the SSD drivers work on the Nvidia Carrier so I don’t believe is a kernel configuration issue either. These M.2 SSDs seem to be just plug and play on the Nvidia Carrier, but do I have to change something in the device-tree to get this to work? Or am I just missing something else?

Thanks

Hi, did you check the table 15 in OEM DG for corresponding lane mapping configuration? Which config do you choose?

It turns out the hardware engineer didn’t crossover RX and TX. So that’s the first thing that needs to be fixed. Hopefully it’ll just work after that fix.

Hello,

Did you ever get this to work? I have been trying to accomplish the same thing for months.