Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson
• DeepStream Version 6.4
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) latest
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) question
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
I’m successfully using the NvMsgBroker to send metadata to a MQTT broker and process them in an external application.
Now, I want to enable cloud-to-edge messaging and send commands or simple data to the DS pipeline. Can I use the NvMsgBroker to do that? From the inspection, it seems that the plugin is only a sink, so my suspect is that this is not possible.
Should I use directly the Paho MQTT client to subscribe to a specific topic to receive messages? Or is there a better way to do that?
BTW, I’m using Python.
nvmsgbroker plugin and lowlevel are opensource. nvmsgbroker is used to send message to broker. it can’t used to receive message. please refer to the gst-nvmsgbroker. why do you need to DS to receive "commands or simple data ", AYK, Deepstream is used to process video and audio data.
Thanks for the reply.
why do you need to DS to receive "commands or simple data "
For example, we could send remotely a command to start the video acquistion upon an event. Or send data from a sensor that could be “merged” with the inference results from the video stream (but the latter doesn’t came up from a real scenario. It’s only my thought).
Anyway, I suppose that the only way is to use paho and subscribe to a topic or modify the nv broker component…
Thanks for the sharing! The DeepStream 6.4 introduces nvmultiurisrcbin plugin with REST API support for dynamic sensor add/remove capability. Users can add or remove sensors over REST API calls made to a HTTP endpoint.
please refer to sample \opt\nvidia\deepstream\deepstream\sources\apps\sample_apps\deepstream-server.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll take a look at the nvmultisrcbin plugin.
Sorry for the late reply, Is this still an DeepStream issue to support? Thanks!
At the end I used Paho to implement a subscriber.
Thanks for the support. The ticket can be closed.
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.