Need help in build error - Internal error: assertion failed at ....

Dear all,

I installed CUDA 4.0 on my XP and vista machine.
I set up Visual++ express 2008.
I started a project.
I wrote a simple program as below.

#include

global void kernel(void) {

}

int main(void) {
kernel <<1,1>>;
printf(“Hello, world\n”);
return(0);
}

I failed to build it. I got this message

1>------ Build started: Project: cuda_helloworld, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…
1>“C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\bin\nvcc.exe” -arch sm_10 -ccbin “c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\bin” -I"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.0\include" -maxrregcount=0 -m32 -cubin -o “C:\Users\hptang\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\cuda_helloworld\Debug/helloworld.cubin” helloworld.cu
1>helloworld.cu
1>Internal error: assertion failed at: “D:/Bld/rel/gpgpu/toolkit/r4.0/compiler/edg/EDG_4.2/src/host_envir.c”, line 4677
1>1 catastrophic error detected in this compilation.
1>Compilation aborted.
1>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
1>Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from “Compiling with CUDA Build Rule…”

May you give any suggestion on what is wrong. I try to set MinGW and Eclipse Indigo. I got the same error message. Thanks for your helps in advance.

Regards,

Ken

This error message indicates that what you encountered is an internal compiler error, meaning something happened inside the compiler that is not supposed to happen. Since you seem to have a simple repro case in hand, it would be helpful if you could file a bug against the compiler, attaching the repro code. Thank you for your help.