Need Optimization of Jetpack for Jetson nano

I am facing high RAM usage on startup and after launching 1 or 2 application then left with some ~200 MB. I have 4 GB RAM Jetson nano and currently it is running slow as compared to 4 GB Raspberry pi 4 , My nano sbc used it crash regularly. I hate it.

My humble request to Nvidia jetpak development team, kindly produce the lightest version of jetpack with only image processing/AI package preinstalled. Please no other apps required. Because this SBC is popular for its GPU and AI.

Thanks and Regards
Suman

Hi.

How is the RAM usage by your 1 or 2 applications? Maybe you can move the desktop manager from gdm3 to lightdm.

To install and configure lightdm display manager, enter the commands:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install lightdm

sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm

NVIDIA recommends LightDM GTK+ Greeter as the default LightDM login greeter. To install this component, enter the commands:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install lightdm-gtk-greeter

And use a lightweight window manager like LXDE.

To install and enable LXDE and Compton, enter the commands:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install lxde compton

Create the configuration file /etc/xdg/autostart/lxde-compton.desktop, containing these commands:

[Desktop Entry]

Type=Application

Name=Compton (X Compositor)

GenericName=X compositor

Comment=A X compositor

TryExec=compton

Exec=compton --backend glx -b

OnlyShowIn=LXDE

Hi @WayneWWW Thanks for your response. But all these steps I have already taken before posting this request.

Can you please suggest any other light weight linux distro like dietpi which I can use and run my object detection alone. No other applications required.

If not then please assist me how I can create the jetson compatible image from source

Regards
Suman

Hi,
We will check and see if further enhancement can be done. There is a solution for running DeepStream SDK:
DS app running on SD, not running on eMMC - Part II - #5 by DaneLLL

If you run DeepStream SDK, please give it a ry.