Going quite crazy here. No matter what I do, I always get No devices were found when running the
- I’m running Ubuntu 20.04 Server.
- Secure boot is disabled in BIOS (I am using CSM) and BIOS is upgraded fully.
- I am not using nomodeset.
- I am using options nvidia-drm modeset=1, otherwise booting hangs with the “blinking cursor”.
- I’ve been having horrible tearing (screen full of horizontal pink/green lines on the screen… even when simply trying to install Ubuntu (hence I switched to Ubuntu Server).
- To even be able to install, I have to have nomodeset as a kernel parameter.
- My hardware is Titan RTX, Asus Prime-X570-Pro motherboard, and AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
- I initially followed the instructions here: Installation Guide Linux :: CUDA Toolkit Documentation and tried all sorts of combinations (eg. w/ and w/o secure boot, old drivers (455), new drivers (460), using ubuntu-drivers autoinstall)
- The remotely closest thing that has worked is by following: How do I install NVIDIA and CUDA drivers into Ubuntu? - Ask Ubuntu
- At this point, the screen displays (at very low resolution) but again I cannot get past the No devices were found when running the
- I’ve attached the output of nvidia-bug-report.sh nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (165.7 KB)
Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance! I’ve spent 5 full days just trying to get this even set up.