NVDCF tracker issue - sometimes a bounding box goes to full frame size and gets stuck there

I’ve testing the NVDCF tracker which so far seems far better at keeping track of objects than the KLT tracker. However I have noticed a strange situation that I’ve seen happen twice now… I have been walking around in front of the camera and then left the scene… The bounding box then gradually grew and grew over the course of about 30 - 45 seconds until it reached the entire frame size and it stayed there. It would not disappear until I restarted the app.

I am using the tracker config file that is in the deepstream-nvdsanalytics-test app. How can that happen? What parameters would I look at changing to avoid this issue or a bounding box stuck forever??

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version DS 5.0

I’ve noticed sometimes it gets stuck without going to full frame size as well.
If the pgie gets a false detection where it thinks there is a person in the trees the tracker can lock onto it forever until I stop the program and start it again…

Anyone from nvidia able to help. The new ds5.0 dcf tracker can get stuck when a tracker object quickly leaves the scene. It’s like it get stuck in an infinite loop with the bounding box growing to fill half the frame - sometimes the while frame.

It will never die and won’t go away until another real object enters the scene and start getting tracked.

I am using the config file as used by the analytics sample app.

Hello jasonpgf2a,

The lingering problem will be resolved if you add the following field in tracker_config.yml This additional param will be added when we release DS 5.0 GA.

minTrackingConfidenceDuringInactive: 99

Your issue is very similar to an existing topic, so it would be helpful if you take a look at here; Deepstream 5.0 nvdcf tracker behavior - #7 by pshin

Hope the existing comments/answers to that thread is also applicable to you. Please let us know if you have any further questions.