NVIDIA driver doesn't load

I have the same problem that I got here [Can't run any program via NVIDIA card] again.
60-nvidia-default.conf in /etc/dracut.conf.d wasn’t modified.

nvidia-smi output:

user@linux:~> nvidia-smi
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

Also if I run “sudo lsmod | grep nvidia”, I just get a nice and shiny nothing =)

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (463.7 KB)

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any kernel modules installed. How did you install the driver initially? Looking at the logs, the last succesful boot with nvidia driver was kernel 5.10 with driver 460.32. Now you got upgraded to kernel 5.11 so you might update the nvidia driver to be compatible to that.

I installed my NVIDIA GPU driver from the official CUDA repo (https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads?target_os=Linux&target_arch=x86_64&target_distro=OpenSUSE&target_version=15&target_type=rpmnetwork) by using the comands from the link.

Also, I tried to reinstall my driver and even load from the old kernel, but it didn’t help.

Ok, so I fixed this problem just by adding another NVIDIA drivers repository from community repositories in YaST2, and changing nvidia-glG05 version to community repository version. I expected to see a lot of conflicts and deleted CUDA, but it works, and i love it.